Mine Aid Association was founded in February 2003, and as a legal entity operates on the territory of the Republic of Croatia, based in Oroslavje. An independent, voluntary, non-partisan and non profit organization focused on creating socially sensitive society and equal opportunities for all people; tolerant, conscious and knowledgeable society.
The mission of the association is to improve the quality of life, creating stimulating and developmental conditions that enable empowerment, growth and development of the all vulnerable social groups and their wider community.
The objectives of the Association are:
1. Empowerment and social inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized social groups such as: risk groups of children, youth and families, people with disabilities, landmine victims, Croatian war veterans, people who have experienced trauma of any kind, victims of war in general, asylum seekers, national and cultural minorities, etc.
2. Raising awareness and informing the domestic and international public with the problems and difficulties of socially excluded and critical social groups, in particular the problem of mines, through the forms of informal and formal education and encouraging public debate.
3. Fundraising in order to achieve the psychological, medical and social reintegration of these groups of users.
4. Proposing systematic solutions and participate in shaping the law in order to protect the rights and interests marginalized social groups.
5. Development of domestic and international cooperation for the realization of the above stated objectives and the exchange of experiences, informing domestic and international public with the issue of development of civil society, the protection of fundamental human rights, issues of vulnerable and marginalized social groups.
6. Cooperation with civil society representatives regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, wealth, birth, education, social status or other characteristics, as well as with national and international, non-governmental , governmental, public and economic organizations and institutions.
Through continuous work and project activities the Association is trying to provide users with adequate assistance and support in achieving common identified needs. Help is most commonly referred to:
- Psychological support, informative and advisory discussions with the aim of strengthening and enhancing the user;
- Resolving legal issues and achieving the statutory rights;
- Providing financial support in solving the fundamental existential problems;
- Providing logistical and financial support for education;
- Support in employment and self-employment through training and meetings with potential employers;
- Networking of social services at the local community of the specific user.
Mine Aid Association is also a member of two international organizations, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) and the Cluster Munition Coalition (CMC), and is actively involved in the campaign to ban landmines and cluster munitions by trying to spread awareness of the dangers and devastating consequences of inhumane weapons, and put pressure on government of Croatia and governments of the world to sign and implement the provisions of the Convention.